Learning Solutions Overview
Lombardo and Eichinger, of ‘Lominger’ fame, proposed a rule of thumb for the design of effective learning based on their research of what methods of learning work best. The 70/20/10 rule proposes that 70% of what we learn is through on the job experience, 20% is gained through useful feedback (including reflection and coaching) and 10% is learned through formal instruction.
As a facilitator of learning, I have provided training around the world. I offer a number of stand-alone workshops that address specific topics from project management, change management and leadership. I also design learning solutions that meet your specific needs and provide a rich learning experience for your people, blending on-the-job experiences of your people, effective formal learning approaches, and feedback processes.
From before I was working professionally, facilitating learning has been an integral role I have filled, with consistently excellent feedback. I am deeply passionate about and committed to, supporting the development of others. Training through classroom facilitation has been the longest standing form, whether my own material or that of others. Over the years this role has developed to include other forms of developmental support to include coaching, mentoring, unstructured explorations into what is present in groups to work with what is emerging in the moment. If there is one thing that underpins who I am, it is supporting growth and development in myself and others, particularly around change.
Workshop participants get the opportunity to:
- explore their purpose for being on the workshop
- be exposed to best practice principles in the workshop topic area
- build relationships and learn from others who have similar challenges to themselves
- try out and get feedback on the application of key skills through various action methods
- reflect on their own strengths and opportunities for improvement
- plan how they will transfer their learning once they are back on the job
Partner with me to design your learning solution from scratch or to tailor one of my existing programmes or stand-alone workshops to address your needs.
I offer the following “ready-to-deliver” programmes and workshops, which may be offered “as is” or tailored to address your specific requirements:
Existing programmes include:
Leadership-Oriented/Soft Skills Workshops
Stand-alone workshops with a leadership and soft skills focus include:
- Accessing Your Personal Power During Change
- Achieving Better Decisions
- Getting the Best From Conflict
- Leading Through Personal Power
- Navigating Interpersonal Communications
- Thriving in a Matrix Environment
Project Management Workshops
Core Project Management
Special Topics in Project Management
- Change Management in a Contracting Environment
- Contracting for Project Managers
- Project Risk Management
- Schedule and Cost Management
- Work Breakdown Structures in Practice