Download PDF versions of the coaching information sheets:
In a Nutshell
Coaching is a guided process that supports you create the results you want. It offers a framework for you to set stretching and challenging goals; plan strategies and actions to achieve your goals; be held accountable for taking action; and develop thoughts feelings and behaviours that will enable your success.
In the area of coaching, Harrison International offers:
- Leadership Coaching: supports a leader/executive hone their capabilities in a one-on-one context, offering privacy. Sessions are specifically tailored to their needs.
- Team Coaching: enables teams create high performance results, assuring the behaviours and attitudes of team members and the team culture support desired outcomes.
- Group Coaching: individual coaching in a group setting that enables learning through experimentation, discovery and drawing out the collective wisdom of the cohort.
Stephen Harrison is an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) through and member of the International Coach Federation (ICF), is committed to upholding the ICF Code of Conduct and his ongoing professional development; and was trained through the NeuroLeadership Group, an ICF-accredited training organisation.
A group coach enables learning through experimentation, discovery and drawing out the collective wisdom of the group. The coach is a facilitator, enabler and catalyst.
Coaching connects you with and develops your capability to generate your own solutions, confidence and capacity in the roles and functions you choose to focus on. It involves “partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential” (International Coach Federation).
A group environment is distinct from a team environment in that the participants do not have a unifying, common purpose or ongoing working relationship and interdependence with the others. A group coaching environment will suit you if you desire to develop and are willing to work with other people and are interested in harvesting ideas from them in the process.
Approach a business advisor, consultant or mentor for advice.
Attend a training programme to be taught how or why to function in a particular way.
See a counsellor or psychologist for therapy.
Participate in Group Coaching if you want to develop and strengthen your:
- autonomy, confidence and personal presence
- leadership and communications skills
- ability to interact meaningfully with others and bring yourself forward effectively and genuinely
- ability to work with and through situations of conflict or other interpersonal challenges
- functioning within roles you hold
- willingness and capacity to adopt or adapt to new approaches and ideas, and respond effectively to new situations, transitions and transformative events
- empathy with others
- understanding of how others see you, and obtain valuable insight into what is working for you and what is not
- resilience to external forces (opinions, situations, complexity), and find your inner strength
- ability to find and be responsible for your own solutions, while considering input from others
- capacity for creativity and spontaneity
Development work in a group setting is a fantastic opportunity to explore areas that matter to you and piggyback off what others also bring. Your behaviours and attitudes will be met and challenged by others, and significant cross fertilization of ideas occurs in a managed environment conducive to experimentation and discovery. Other participants will support your growth and development in ways difficult to appreciate without the actual experience.
Read on if you are interested in more information on:
How Group Coaching Works
Each Group Coaching session is held for a specified length that may be a couple of hours, half day, whole day, or even multiple days. Shorter sessions are generally run as a series, perhaps weekly or fortnightly. Attending all sessions creates the most value.
Your coach will direct the session, working with what is brought forward from within the group, and building on themes. Participants will support each other’s development by bringing forward their own experiences. Advice is not part of the process, from the participants or coach. The environment is established to strengthen and empower individual capacities, to address your development needs, and enable you to contribute meaningfully from your own power.
Your willingness and commitment to turn up and participate.
Further Information on Coaching
The following brochures provide the full information on coaching and the various options offered by Stephen:
- Coaching Overview: general coaching overview, including Stephen’s coaching philosophy, and his relationship with the International Coach Federation.
- Individual (Executive / Leadership) Coaching: discusses the specific approach and philosophy behind Stephen’s approach to one-on-one coaching.
- Team Coaching: discusses the specific approach and philosophy behind Stephen’s approach to coaching teams.
- Group Coaching: discusses the specific approach and philosophy behind Stephen’s approach to providing individual coaching in a group context (this page).
- Coaching for Sponsors: Explore why you as a leader/executive in your organisation could use coaching to support your people.
Stephen Harrison, Your Coach
Follow this link to read Stephen Harrison's profile
Refer to the Testimonials page to see what clients have said about Stephen as a coach.