Leadership and Team Development
Leadership can be defined as the ability to change the status quo in order to achieve a desired outcome. The status quo might be one’s own thoughts, feelings and behaviours (Personal Leadership), the thoughts, feelings and behaviours of others (People Leadership) or the systems, processes and culture of an organisation (Business Leadership). Leadership capability is required in most roles, but is especially required for people who have direct reports, people who need to engage others in delivering programmes of work and people who work as a team to achieve a shared objective.
Harrison International provides support for leaders wanting to enhance their own and their team’s leadership capability and for Senior HR Leaders wanting to lift leadership capability across the organisation.
Leaders value our:
- Individual (Executive/Leadership) Coaching for helping them make sense of their current challenges and develop the capability to move themselves, their teams and their organisations forward
- Team Coaching for helping them develop high performing teams, make the most of having diverse teams, prepare their teams for change or refocusing their team after change
- Group Facilitation for helping their teams achieve goals such as developing strategic and operational plans, making tough team-based decisions, generating creative solutions to problems, resolving team conflicts or improving team culture
- Leadership and Team Development programmes (see below) that combine Learning Solutions, Individual (Executive/Leadership) Coaching, Team Coaching and other services depending on the desired outcomes
Senior HR Leaders value me providing help to:
- facilitate leadership and team development programmes (see below)
- resource development programmes by providing Individual (Executive/Leadership) Coaching, Team Coaching and Learning Facilitation
Lombardo and Eichinger, of ‘Lominger’ fame, proposed a rule of thumb for the design of effective learning based on their research of what methods of learning work best. The 70/20/10 rule proposes that 70% of what we learn is through on the job experience, 20% is gained through useful feedback (including reflection and coaching) and 10% is learned through formal instruction.
Stephen designs learning solutions that blends learning into the on job experiences of your people, supported by feedback processes and timely and effective formal learning. Partner with us to design your blended learning solution from scratch or to tailor one of our existing programmes to your needs.
Existing programmes include:
I also offer a number of stand-alone workshops for those who have targeted learning needs and who are ready to take personal responsibility for transferring their learning to their work environments. Workshop participants get the opportunity to:
- explore their purpose for being on the workshop
- be exposed to best practice principles in the workshop topic area
- build relationships and learn from others who have similar challenges to themselves
- try out and get feedback on the application of key skills through various action methods
- reflect on their own strengths and opportunities for improvement
- plan how they will transfer their learning once they are back on the job
Stand-alone workshops with a leadership focus include:
- Accessing Your Personal Power During Change
- Navigating Interpersonal Communications
- Getting the Best Out of Conflict
- Achieving Beter Decisions
- Thriving in a Matrix Environment
- Leading Through Personal Power
These are available to run in-house.
I am able to offer these learning solutions off-the-shelf, tailor these or develop bespoke workshops and programmmes.